- Sweepstakes Entry Form: https://www.thegreenawards.com/
- Sweepstakes Rules: https://www.thegreenawards.com/rules.html
- Sweepstakes Homepage: http://www.greengiant.com
Runner-Up Prizes (8 - 2 per category): $2,500 cash. (ARV: $2,500)
Finalist Prizes (12): A trip for 2 to Los Angeles, CA to attend The Green Awards Celebration on or about May 13, 2011. The trip includes airfare, hotel, tickets to attend The Green Awards Celebration, and $250. (ARV: $5,250)
You must also include an essay of 100 words or less that describes how winning The Green Award will help you take your initiative to the next level and inspire others to take their own action to make a positive impact on the environment.
Entries can be made in four categories:
- Green Civic Leader Category (for elected city employees)
- Green Entrepreneur Category (for inventors and business owners)
- Green Local Organizer Category (for individuals who have started programs on their own initiative)
- Green Parent Category (for parents who start kid-inspired green initiatives, or programs that inspire kids).
The entries will be put up for public vote. They will then be judged on the basis of Creativity and inspiration, Impact on the community and beyond, Rationale for additional funding, and Public vote results.