I also have a shortcut for just my sweepstakes email. It takes a while to enter my email, and the shortcut saves a lot of time. Here's how:
- Open Texter by double-clicking on it in the system tray.
- Click on the Plus Button (marked +) underneath the Hotstring box to create a new shortcut.
- Put in an easy to remember and easy-to-type name for your Hotstring (shortcut) in the appropriate box. I've used "swem" for sweepstakes email, but you can choose anything you like.
- Because we won't be asking Texter to do more than just pasting text, we'll keep the default "Text" in the drop-down box.
- Click on the box that says "Enter your replacement text here..." Enter the following text: YOUREMAIL (replace YOUREMAIL with the appropriate text. It might look something like firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Choose the trigger you'd like to use. The trigger is what makes the text replacement happen. I personally use Tab, but you can pick whatever you want. If you want the replacement to happen as soon as you type your Hotstring, then select Instant.
- Click the "OK" button.
- Test your text by going to a sweepstakes entry form that asks for your sweepstakes email. Click on the email field and type your hotstring. Your text should automatically appear.