Do you enter daily sweepstakes that need UPC codes? Are you tired of writing codes down on a notepad and typing them in by hand, or using another awkward method to remember them? Texter can help!
- Open Texter by double-clicking on it in the system tray.
- Click on the Plus Button (marked +) underneath the Hotstring box to create a new shortcut.
- Put in an easy to remember and easy-to-type name for your Hotstring (shortcut) in the appropriate box. I use a word that reminds me of the sponsor, like "hsts" for a Hostess UPC Code or "kft1" for one of two Kraft sweepstakes I'm entering, but you can choose anything you like.
- Because we won't be asking Texter to do more than just pasting text, we'll keep the default "Text" in the drop-down box.
- Click on the box that says "Enter your replacement text here..." Enter the following text: UPCCODE (replace UPCCODE with the appropriate text. It might look something like 01798323).
- Choose the trigger you'd like to use. The trigger is what makes the text replacement happen. I personally use Tab, but you can pick whatever you want. If you want the replacement to happen as soon as you type your Hotstring, then select Instant.
- Click the "OK" button.
- Test your text by going to a sweepstakes entry form that asks for the UPC code. Click on the address field and type your hotstring. Your text should automatically appear.
Do this for every UPC code that you use regularly. If the sweepstakes end and you no longer need the UPC code, you can save it for the future or delete it from Texter.