Not Winning Sweepstakes? How to Deal with Sweepstakes Frustration
By Sandra Grauschopf, About.com Guide
- What's Normal When It Comes to Winning Sweepstakes?
- Are You Doing Something Wrong with Your Sweepstakes Entries?
- How to Deal with Sweepstakes Frustration
What's Normal When It Comes to Winning Sweepstakes?
When you're entering 25, 50, 100, or more sweepstakes every day, it seems like a prize must be just around the corner, right? So it is so frustrating when your inbox remains clear of congratulations messages, no affidavits show up at your door, and your phone is silent.
But here's what a lot of sweepers don't realize: gaps of weeks, or even months, between wins isn't unusual. These articles help you get a feel for what's normal when it comes to winning prizes. (The good news: a gap between prizes doesn't mean that you're doing something wrong. Your dream prize could show up tomorrow.)
- Sweepers Share: How Long Did It Take to Win Your First Sweepstakes?
- Why Does It Take So Long to Find Out If You Won Sweepstakes?
- I've Been Entering for Weeks with No Wins. Should I Give Up?
- What's the Secret to Winning Sweepstakes?
Are You Doing Something Wrong with Your Sweepstakes Entries?
A dry spell between wins is not unusual, and it shouldn't be a reason for you to stop entering sweepstakes. But there are things that you could be doing to handicap your chances of winning. Here is a collection of articles about sweepstakes mistakes to avoid.
- 10 Reasons Why You're Not Winning More Sweepstakes (and How to Fix Them)
- Common Sweepstakes Mistakes You Don't Want to Make
- Lots of Advice about Avoiding Disqualification
- Tips for People Who Aren't Winning Sweepstakes
- Are You Entering Enough Sweepstakes?
- Tips for Avoiding Sweepstakes Scams
How to Deal with Sweepstakes Frustration
Even people who know that it's normal to go a while between wins get frustrated with sweepstakes. You might be tempted to just give up on winning, but here are some better ideas!
- How to Beat Sweepstakes Burnout
- Sweepers Share: How to Deal with Dry Spells Between Prizes
- Tips to Improve Your Luck
- Collection of Tips to Help You Win More Sweepstakes
Make Entering Sweepstakes More Fun
Filling out one sweepstakes entry form after another is frustrating. But there's more to sweepstakes than just hitting fill and submit over and over again. Here are some things that you can do to have some fun, and at the same time boost your motivation to win more sweepstakes.
See Who's Really Winning
When I feel like I'll never win sweepstakes again, I like to read about other winners. After all, if they can win, so can I! Here are some ways to find great winners' stories and use them to motivate yourself.
- Visit the Winners' Circle in the Sweepstakes Forum
- Does Anyone Really Win Sweepstakes? (Spoiler Alert: The Answer is YES!)
- Flip Through the Prize Winners' Photo Album
- Interview with a Million-Dollar Publishers Clearing House Winner
- Interview with a HGTV Dream Home Winner
- Interview with a Charity Founder Who Won $100,000
Now That You're Motivated to Win...
If the tips above helped you feel more motivated to win, here are some sweepstakes to enter right now. Good luck!
- Sign Up for the About.com Sweepstakes Newsletter (for the Latest News)
- Enter Sweepstakes with More Chances to Win
- You Could Win Today with Instant Sweepstakes
- Try Your Hand at Creative Contests