Overview of "You Can't Win if You Don't Enter"
Full disclosure: About Contests is listed as one of the sweepstakes resources in this book.
What is Covered in "You Can't Win if You Don't Enter"
- A foreword from Sandy Gulliver, former editor of SweepSheet.
- A personable introduction.
- The reasons why sponsors run sweepstakes.
- How to read the rules.
- 5 sweepstakes entry methods.
- Carolyn Wilman's own method for tracking her online entries.
- A comprehensive list of online sweepstakes sites, sweepstakes entry tools, and sweepstakes newsletters.
- Introduction to sweepstakes clubs, including interviews with members.
- How to avoid spyware, viruses, etc.
- How you'll know when you win.
- How to avoid scams.
- Handling sweepstakes taxes.
- How to attract luck.
- Interviews with sweepstakes fulfillment agencies.
"You Can't Win if You Don't Enter" Pros and Cons
My Favorite Parts of You Can't Win if You Don't Enter
Carolyn writes in a very easy-to-read manner which underscores the fun of sweepstakes entry. She has provided a solid overview of the sweepstakes hobby, including how to start and how to stay safe while you enter. She provides many examples to back up her advice in the form of interviews and quotes from real sweepers.
My favorite section of the book was Carolyn's interviews with the people who offer sweepstakes. The responses from various sweepstakes fulfillment companies were illuminating and answer some questions that I receive frequently. That one section alone is more than worth reading the book.
Drawbacks of You Can't Win if You Don't Enter
When it comes to downsides of You Can't Win if You Don't Enter, there aren't many. The information is solid, reliable, and easy to put into action, making this a great sweepstakes book.
The price tag of this book (nearly $20) is a bit steep for my taste, but Carolyn's advice could easily result in enough sweepstakes wins to make the price worthwhile, especially if you are new to the hobby.
Much of the information that Carolyn provides can be found for free online, but You Can't Win If You Don't Enter pulls it together in one easy-to-access place.
As Carolyn acknowledges in the book, the online world is ever-changing, and some of the links that are provided may change or the sites disappear. Carolyn offers an updated resource list on her Contest Queen Website to supplement the information in the book.