The Bottom Line
Facebook is a social networking website where people can connect with old friends, celebrities, and companies. And many companies are using contests and sweepstakes to encourage people to come to their Facebook pages, which means that there are lots of chances to win prizes if you have a Facebook account.
- Facebook is free - and fun
- There are a lot of Facebook-only contests and sweepstakes
- You can also "like" sweepstakes pages on Facebook, to get contest news and updates
- You have to set up a Facebook account (which isn't difficult)
- You can only have one Facebook account per person, so it can be difficult to avoid spamming friends
- Many companies offer contests and sweepstakes that can only be entered through Facebook.
- You can use Facebook to follow sweepstakes pages, get sweepstakes news, and find out about new sweepstakes to enter.
- You can also become "friends" with other sweepers, making it easy to share news and sweepstakes tips with one another.
- Be especially aware of sweepstakes safety and the warning signs of sweepstakes scams when entering Facebook contests.
Guide Review - Facebook for Sweepstakes
Sweepstakes are a powerful way for companies to spread the word about their Facebook sites, and lots of big prizes are being given away to generate buzz. I've seen Facebook sweepstakes give away cars, big vacations, thousands of prizes, and more. (Want to see some examples? Check out my Facebook Sweepstakes List
Many sweepers haven't caught on to Facebook sweepstakes yet, so the odds of winning are good right now.
Keep Safety in Mind when Entering Facebook Contests
As with Twitter Sweepstakes
, it's easy to create contests on Facebook. Which also means that it's easy for untrustworthy sweepstakes to proliferate, either because the sponsor is unaware of the right way to run sweepstakes or because it's a deliberate scam attempt. Be sure to use common sense and ask the right questions before entering
to be sure you avoid trouble.