A good way to increase your chances to win
is to enter as many sweepstakes as possible in the time you have available. Skill contests seem to go against this principle, since you could enter dozens of simple sweepstakes in the time it takes to compose a fantastic essay or capture a beautiful photo. However, entering contests of skill can definitely be worthwhile. Once you've gotten pumped up about entering, visit the Current Creative Contests
list to find skill contests to enter.
1. Contests have Less CompetitionMost people who enter sweepstakes concentrate on the ones that can be entered quickly. This is especially true when it comes to high value sweepstakes, which can have hundreds of thousands of entries by the time the end date rolls around. Contests, on the other hand, generally have a fraction of the entries, and some of those are sure to be disqualified because the rules weren't followed to the letter. The less competition you have, the higher your chances of being a winner.
2. Contest Winners Rely on More than Just LuckSkill contests are the only giveaways where you can influence your chances to win beyond the luck of the draw. You have the opportunity to influence the judges by showing your passion to win.
3. Contests Let You Unleash Your CreativityMany of us have a creative side that is underappreciated in our daily lives. Skill contests give us the chance to unleash our passion and to express ourselves. You might be surprised at just how much fun you have with your entries.
4. Contests Give You the Chance to Hone Your SkillsWhile most of us would love to be better photographers, better writers, better cooks, we oftentimes don't have enough of a reason to really practice and develop these skills. Contests give you the motivation to stretch your talents, and the feedback to see where you can improve. Even when you don't win, by comparing your efforts to your competitors, you can see what other people did right, and use that information to make your next entry even better.
5. Winning Contests is a Real AchievementWinning a skill competition is a testament to your talents, not to your luck or persistence. When your entry is chosen, you will feel a sense of accomplishment and pride that regular sweepstakes simply can't match.