Giving Up Sweepstakes
- Having difficulty managing the web page and entering according to specific details
- —Guest debado1962
reason why i give up on sweepstakes
- b'coz,i've been trying so much on a particular sweepstake but gettin no result on that ... irritates me alot.... and hence i give up on dat and switch over to someother...
- —Guest Tahmena
Why I give up on sweepstakes
- I have given up on sweepstakes sometimes because they require a code that I am not able to get without purchasing something. Or they state that you can get a code online when actually I can't.
- —Guest Betty
ready to stop entering
- I see that it is just a trick to get you to keep buying something. They ask and offer the same thing and when you decide on two sponsors the screen take you right to the beginning so you have to buy more stuff.
- —Guest jacalyn
- Slow loading will make me go away. Also, long ending dates. One contest lasted until Jan. 2011! I love your web-site great job! I've learned so much.
End date too far out
- If the contest has an End-date that is a full one year away and that same contest allows for daily entries, I usually just enter once or twice then move on. The odds of winning are just too great with that long a lead time.
- —Guest Rika
Voting and Recipe Sweeps
- I skip right over voting sweeps, they annoy me and take too much work and I don't know enough people who would vote for me to even give me a chance to win. Recipe sweeps because I don't cook, (that's my husbands job!).
- —Guest Char
- Another thing that makes me give up on sweeps is if it will not let me use autofill/robofill. I'm not typing all that info in every day!
- —Guest Penny
Badly programmed sites
- If the site won't handle phone numbers with dashes or birth dates with slashes or other common, standard formats that are in my Roboform profile, I usually quit entering them. It's easier to program a webpage to remove dashes, slashes, etc., than to program the error message, so what's wrong with the sponsor that they would allow such sloppy programming?
- —Guest Giri
what makes me stop enetering
- A; company I have never heard of giving away a prize way after a year. B: broken links or sites;C-Something I do not want for even the second prize:D- too long to fill out.
- —Guest brombacher
What makes you give up on sweepstakes
- When the prize is way overvalued by the sweeps company and I know if I should win, the taxes wouldn't be worth it. Recently one magazine had a trip to London (which I'd love), but valued it at $25,000. I could live there for six months for that!
- —Guest IM4CATS
- We live on a rural route and the contest providers will not accept our proper and only address.
- —Guest Prosperity
What makes me give up?
- Slooooow downloads, entries that state you can enter 10 times or more, complicated websites. I go for the big prizes, why waste my time on insignificant ones?
- —Guest moondreams
Too many email referrals
- Sweepstakes that offer extra entries for email referrals; perhaps five a day. I actually came by one that where five referrals equaled one extra entry.
Way too long to enter
- Sometimes I give up on sweepstakes that take a seriously long time to enter, like the Jelly Belly sweepstakes.