From the article: Top 5 Ways to Find Good Homes for Unwanted Wins
No matter how picky you are about entering only sweepstakes you want to win, the odds are that sooner or later, you'll win a prize you don't really want. I've shared some tips on finding good homes for bad prizes, but I'd love to hear your ideas as well. What do you do with prizes do you want? Readers share tips on dealing with unwanted prizes. Feel free to share your own as well! Share Your Idea
Always find a home for it!
- I've only won a few things I truly didn't want, but I work at a local high school and I just bring it in to my students....T-shirts, sports bottles, keychains...they all make great incentives to keep students working. :) You can always donate new, simple items like these to your local schools and they will do drawings, reward systems, etc. to motivate the students. Please, no alcohol or cigarette brands, though. :)
Packages from Home
- Sporting Goods are one of the items this non-profit sends to the deployed troops. I won a regulation soccer ball that will go to this organization. http://www.packagesfromhome.org/ "The mission of Packages From Home is to send care and comfort packages to deployed American military heroes who are stationed in active duty theaters around the world, as well as to facilitate activities that elevate morale of all veterans." Happy 4th of July!
- —Guest txcotton
- Depending on the prize, I might spray paint it or re-upholster it so that it's more to my liking. If no paint or fabric could change it, then I'll donate it to the slavation army thrift store up the street for someone who would appreciate it.
- —Guest Dougalville
- I like to give away the unwanted prizes to the poor people who require the same which is realy useful to them.
- —Guest shaheen
- If I win unwanted prizes, that can not be given to kids or grandkids I take them to Church with me. So far everything has found happy homes. I enjoy sharing my wins!
- —Guest gosartclc
I Give Unwanted Prizes Away on Freecycle
- I like to use Freecycle to give away the prizes I can't use and don't want to sell. It's amazing how happy people can be to get the prizes I can't use at all!