Want to win more? My 22 best sweepstakes tips ever will put you on the path to winning more prizes and enjoying sweepstakes entry even more!
1. Don't Expect to Win QuicklyThe best sweepstakes tip I've ever heard is to not give up too quickly. To win, you need patience, patience, patience... and then a little more patience. Keep in mind that winning your first prize can take months, and that the only way around a dry spell is to keep entering until you win. Here are some articles to help you stay patient:
2. Use a Separate Sweepstakes EmailSetting up an email to use just for sweepstakes entry is a huge help in recognizing wins, avoiding spam mails, and detecting scams. Using a separate email address just for sweepstakes entry is definitely one of my best sweepstakes tips.
3. Download Roboform and TexterRoboform and Texter are two programs that I find indispensable when it comes to entering sweepstakes. Roboform saves my entry information so that I don't have to type it in by hand (which is slow, boring, and potentially harmful to my hands and wrists!), and Texter allows me to make shortcuts for long text snippets. Unlike Roboform, Texter also works with Flash sweepstakes, greatly speeding up my entries. Read my reviews of these great sweepstakes tools for more information:
4. Set Aside Time to Enter DailyEntering sweepstakes consistently is the best way to get a large number of entries over time. Set a goal for yourself to enter sweepstakes every day. If you're short on time, enter only a few of the ones you most want to win, but try not to let a day slip by without any entries. Best of all is if you can set aside some time for yourself, and focus on sweepstakes entries during that time.
5. Enter as Quickly as PossibleThe less time you waste with your entry forms, the more sweepstakes you'll be able to enter in the time you have available to you. This doesn't mean that you should rush -- especially the first time you enter a sweepstake, you should read through the rules, and it's always a good idea to visit the sponsors' websites if they have interesting products. But the more you can streamline your entry routine, the higher you can raise your odds.
6. Daily or One Entry Sweepstakes?I often receive the question, "Should I enter daily or one-entry sweepstakes?" Ideally, the answer would be "both," but really the correct response depends on your sweeping habits.
If your time is short, focus on entering sweepstakes that only allow one entry per person - no one will have better odds than you do, and you can enter a bunch of these sweepstakes in a limited amount of time. If you have more time, enter daily sweepstakes. Most people don't enter every single day; if you do, your odds will be higher.