1. Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.Pooh is not the kind of bear to rush good things or fret when they don't happen right away. He said: "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
This is great advice for sweepers, who need patience -- and lots of it -- to help them through dry spells. I know I often feel like I'll never win again, right up until the next prize arrives.
When it seems like you're in a dry spell that will never end, take the Pooh-like attitude that if you just keep plugging away with your sweepstakes entries, you'll get through through your dry spell in good time.
- Patience, Persistence, and Positive Attitude: The Secrets to Winning Sweepstakes
- Readers Share Tips to Survive Dry Spells
2. You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.In life and in sweepstakes, it is easy to keep doing the things you're used to and not be enterprising enough to try new things. I think that's reflected in Pooh's quote, "You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
But trying new things is one of the 10 Steps to a Lucky Attitude, so if you want to win, break out of your rut and take a chance with a new type of giveaway. Here are a few you can try:
3. Although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were.You know, everyone enters sweepstakes with the hopes of winning amazing prizes. But winning prizes isn't the only fantastic thing about the sweepstakes hobby. Just as Pooh felt that "Although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were," dreaming about all of the amazing prizes you could win is nearly as good as winning.
When you focus solely on the dollar value of the prizes you win, you can take a lot of joy out of the hobby. Think about all of the other benefits of entering sweepstakes so that you aren't too easily discouraged.
4. Nobody can be un-cheered with a balloon.A balloon isn't a big, expensive, or complicated thing. And yet, Pooh says that, "Nobody can be un-cheered with a balloon."
In a similar way, every prize, big or small, is thrilling for a sweeper. You may enter hoping to win a car, a dream home, or a million dollars cash, but those smaller prizes help keep you motivated until the big wins roll in. Plus, music downloads, gift cards, and t-shirts are really useful prizes to win, even if they won't put you into a new tax bracket.
5. When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out.As with everything you love, it's possible to overindulge. Pooh expresses this when he says, "When having a smackerel of something with a friend, don't eat so much that you get stuck in the doorway trying to get out."
You're unlikely to get stuck in a doorway by entering too many sweepstakes, but you can get burned out, ignore your family, and just stop having fun. Whether you're talking about sweepstakes or smackerels, it's important to find a good balance in your life.