From the article: Saving Money with Sweepstakes
With the economy suffering, many people have turned to sweepstakes to ease the pinch of tight finances. Has a sweepstakes prize made life easier for you during a difficult time? Have you been able to do something that you couldn't have afforded to do otherwise, thanks to winning sweepstakes? Have you won a prize you really needed? Share your story here! Share Your Story
- When my husband died over 3 years ago, the cat also got very sick with cancer and almost died. After all was settled down, I napped a lot in my chair. I was so excited to discover sweepstakes and have been spending about 2 hours a day on them. So far the best I won was a $100 gift card from YP Celebrate. I also won a $35 Amazon card and other small prizes. It keeps my spirits up.
The day I lost my job and won a prize
- Monday December 19, 2012. That morning I was informed I no longer was needed for my position. Merry Christmas, right? Around noon my cel phone rang. Anne from Mastercard. I told her I didnt need a mastercard. She said I was the winner of a trip. I asked how much this free trip would cost me. Ten minutes later and a lot of convincing i received an email telling me I won a trip to the Grammys. My husband is from LA! We leave the weekend of February 12. God works in very mysterious ways.
- —Guest Carsey's mom
- My hubby lost his job and money is really tight. When I get a prize I give it to my childern so they can get what they want and watch them smile. You may not know it but this site helps many people even if it's a small win cause it put a smile on their face when these hard times come around. Thank you again!!
- —Guest pepsi1082
Sweepstakes Have Definitely Helped Me
- Right now I am going through some of the hardest times in my life....without playing and entering every night, life would be even more so difficult. It is so nice to wake up each morning checking my email for surprises.... I have been very blessed and have won many, many things already....But it's not even the wins that help. It's the fact that I am a potential winner in every contest I enter...—pdanielle713 catfishcash.com I won and it the gift card helped me purchase some wi lot
- —Guest david avance
a definite YES
- right now I am going through some of the hardest times in my life....without playing and entering everynight, life would be even more so difficult. It is so mice to wake up each morning checking my email for surprises.... I have been very blessed and have won many, many things already....But it's not even the wins that help. It's the fact that I am a potential winner in every contest I enter...
- I won and it the gift card helped me purchase some wi lottery tickets which then I won 5000.00 I believe in sweepstakes if not for them I won't of spent the extra cash to buy the lotto tickets. thank you catfishcash.com for all your help
- —Guest joanie
- Hi there nine kids, house in modification process bills flowing ontothe floor. Yes prize winning is definately going to help this holiday season!!! I am absolutely positive! Just won $100 on $2 scratch ticket...that covers rest of Thanksgiving Day shopping I am doing tomorrow!!! Yay Universe and blessed be as are we!!!
My win made a difference!
- I won one of 9 first places in BPs Live Younger Longer sweepstakes in November last year. The prize was $2100 in gas cards. We gave some away to family and used the rest to help pay for gas for our commutes to work ... and also to job hunt and relocate! These gas cards helped us better afford all of these important travels!
- —Guest margaretbikes
- I just started the sweepstake entries this year because as a Parapro I don't make much at all and I've had to take furlough days so that has made my check even smaller. I started entering on F.B. and won an Ipod Touch in Nov. I saved it to give to my 17 yr. old for Christmas, since I didn't have much to spend on them this year. It definitely helped with me having 4 boys, making less than a 1,000 a month. Thank you all for the sweepstakes, he loved his present:)
- —Guest Patti
Useful and good quality prizes
- I am just now getting back into entering again. Years ago I won 3rd prize in Clorox sweepstakes..his and hers luggage, several nice sets of bed linen, and 6 each men's shirts and pants. I also won a battery operated tv and numerous small prizes like T-shirts, coffee mugs, beach towels, etc. It was so much fun and I made it a point not to enter if the prizes were not something I could use or turn into cash. My spouse passed away in 2007 and I was laid off from my job of 26 years so I could use some cash or some prizes I could turn into cash. I'm excited about getting back into the game.
- —Guest Raye
- This past summer my daughter and I got to go to the island of Curacao and stayed at a historic small hotel (Kura Hulanda) due to a vacation win in the treasure hunt contest sponsored by the Tourism Board of Curacao. Even though we were in a pinch financially due to my impending divorce, we didn't feel like paupers but instead, like royalty due to the win! This trip was a balm for our spirits.
- —Guest bamascores
Late is better than never.
- I have told so many people my story so I hope this isn't a repeat. I decided to relearn typing after health problems which of course left me so broke. I needed money for my Grandchild's college and still on that quest. I won a flat screen tv from Miller Lite. I promptly sold it to my neighbor for full price. He knew the circumstances about loosing My Son, Her Dad and gave the TV to his Son. Now I have $1,500. for her school. Now I have done this sweeping for 10-12 hours a day slowly at first and gaining speed. It was hard discerning which to enter and believe me I have many music downloads and won more movie tickets than I could use. I still have a year to see if I can get anything substantial for her college but it seems as if I have topped out. We came up with another plan. I will buy her a car ($1500) and she will work and perhaps go to night or community college. I gave it my all and still will do some just not a career anymore and I can type again! Healthy Me is my next goal!
Much Needed Vacation
- Last summer, I was an unemployed substitute teacher waiting to begin a new teaching contract in the fall. Our family was struggling on just one income in the difficult economy. Needless to say, we felt pressure from our financial situation, and would have loved a vacation, but just couldn't afford one. So, I started entering lots of sweepstakes. Sure enough, I won a trip to Chicago to see the Jonas Bros, my daughter's FAVORITE group! Having never won anything, I was SO surprised, and even a bit skeptical, when I got the winning notice. However, the Claire's Boutique representative quickly reassured me. So we proceeded to plan our trip, but soon realized that we didn't even have enough cash to take as spending money. Graciously, the rep rearranged some prize allocations, and came up with an extra $500 for us to take for spending money! What a blessing! While we didn't win groceries or money to pay bills, the vacation prize was a welcome break from our daily financial woes.
- —Guest Christina
Very Nice Surprise.....
- I entered a local FOX 5 TV contest, for a buduoir photography contest (5 entries) & I WON ! 2 Hr. photo session was Great, & Hubby loves the photos.
Wooden Salad Bowl
- We didn't have a salad bowl, and we ate a LOT of salad--but then, WHAM--via a word search contest I won a set in about 1975. I still have the large bowl and use it often--always remembering anything is possible.
- —Guest Candace of Chicago
1-15 of 24Next