Some sweepstakes sponsors are lightning-quick to send out prizes. Others take... a little longer. But just because a prize is slow to arrive, it doesn't mean that it will never arrive. This is your place to share your experiences with prizes that were slow to arrive, but which did eventually appear. And if you're waiting on a prize that's taking forever to appear, this is the place to take heart from the stories of other sweepers. Share Your Prize Story
- I was notified that I had won the St. Patrics day sweepstakes on fear.net still waiting one year later.
- —Guest nil1552
- I won a jetski from Millerlite taste of summer sweepstakes, I was notified in August by FedEx Delivery that I was a potential winner. I filled out the required paperwork and returned it to the people dispursing the prizes. I had a message on 9-1-11 that I would receive the prized in the form of a check in 3-5 weeks. Spoke with person telling me that it would be six wks from date....time has come and gone... no check. I called person back and was told that check was lost... didn't know where it was. this is going on the 7th wk and still don't have an answer. just disappointed in a BIG WAY :(
- —Guest teresaj
- Won a real nice PANASONIC Camcorder from one of those annoying pop-ups on my PC screen, clicked it, filled it out and forgot about it, that was May 2008, end of August came via UPS. Googled the name in the return address, they investigated for me as to why I was getting camcorder, they were a 3rd party warehouse. They didn't know who the sponsor was only that I was a winner and to send me the camera. Camera model came out new in 2007 by PANASONIC and valued at $500.00 not too shabby!! Also never had to fill out afidavid nor did I confirm with an e-mail, that part was strange??
- —Guest George H. Nairn
Twitter contests fraudulent?
- 6 months so far. I think that if you sponsor a contest on social media, there is an underlying implication (read warranty) that you WILL fulfill the promotion, contest, etc. I personally have been "burned" four times now (by small businesses, typically) who seemingly are using Twitter just to drum up followers. They have a giveaway or contest and announce that you will win 'such and such,' and then you never receive anything from the company. No further communications, etc. They don't ever check their "mentions" and they never follow anyone, so you can't DM them. If you are lucky enough to find an email address for them, they will not answer you as to what's up with the contest. I think this practice is poor business at the least, and outright fraud at the worst.
- —Guest polarcom
- my son won a prize pack years ago and part came with letter saying rest on way son...hasnt come yet. Must be with my daughters scooter that never showed either. Oh well as long as my check that I know I will win soon for $50,000+ shows up I will not complain. :)
- —Guest happylaughs
longest time to wait for a prize
- I won a $25.00 gift certificate. It arrived about a week before it expired and then expired before I used it.
2 months !
- It's not much compared to the others , but I thought the contest was fake , but It wasn't , it just took time to ship from US to Bosnia and Herezegovina ( europe , balcans ) :)
- Hi, last year I was entering the Epicurious Bacardi Mixers Tropical Getaway Sweeps. In Dec'09 I received an email telling me that I was one of the first 1500 contestants to enter and that I won a Bacardi Mixers pitcher set and to reply to the email to confirm my name and address. Well, I did that. To date I haven't received anything. Back in March this year I sent another email asking if my prize was sent out or was there a problem? I never received a reply back and still today I never rec'd the set in the mail. So I guess its a bust
- I have waited 6 months. When I won a prize from Verizon in September, and it came the next March. (I didn't know I had won it, so when it showed up it was a surprise anyway.) Also, I was notified I won a trip in December and didn't go on it till May, so that was a five month wait.
Over a Year After the Sweepstakes Ended
- I once received a win notification for a major prize (worth over $1,500) over a year after the sweepstakes ended. Once I received the win notification, it took a month or so for the prize to arrive, but I had long given up on the sweepstakes when I found out that I had won.